600 mg / capsule
The purest and most powerful antioxidant found in nature – astaxanthin:
- protects cells against oxidative stress;
- stimulates production of collagen, which is necessary for normal functioning of skin cells, including skin elasticity and maintaining normal levels of transepidermal water loss;
- delays aging of skin caused by UV radiation – reduces “crow’s feet”, loss of moisture, discoloration, risk of skin cancer, while improving moisture, elasticity and microtexture;
- improves vision, including untreated near- and far-sightedness, reduces symptoms of eye fatigue, improves capillary circulation;
- reduces fatigue and exhaustion, while improving physical endurance by stimulating use of fat as an energy source and reducing secretion of lactic acid;
- helps ensure normal metabolic energy production;
- stabilises the immune system by stimulating immunocyte activity, in cases of chronic disease such as asthma or allergies reduces the excessive activity of the immune system;
- promotes normal functioning of the nervous system;
- promotes normal psychological functioning;
- promotes normal functioning of the immune system, also during and after intense physical activity;
- maintains heart health and reduces risk of heart attack by ensuring normal hemocysteine metabolism;
- normalises the level of blood lipids by reducing the level of triglycerides and “bad” LDL cholesterol and improving the level of “good” HDL cholesterol, thus averting formation of concretions in the blood vessels;
- reduces secretion of inflammation mediators, including reducing the level of C-reactive protein - a systemic marker of inflammation;
- reduces risk of thrombosis by blocking production of enzymes that destabilise concretions;
- reduces risk of anaemia by stimulating normal production of red blood cells;
- slows development of various types of tumours;
- reduces storage of fat in the liver;
- stimulates the functioning of internal antioxidant systems for people with excess weight;
- averts onset of the most common eye diseases – cataract, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration , relieves symptoms of computer vision syndrome;
- for diabetics – reduces the blood glucose level, insulin resistance, general inflammation in the body and oxidative stress, stimulates the ability of the pancreas to produce insulin, reduces risk of diabetic complications, such as nephropathy, cataract, retinopathy and development of heart disease;
- by protecting brain tissue, improves brain and psychosomatic function in seniors, reduces forgetfulness, in case of Alzheimer’s – it reduces the level of beta-amyloids in the blood, which block oxygen supply to brain tissue;
- reduces risk of neurodegenerative disease (including dementia) by protecting brain tissue - improves brain and psychomotor function in seniors, reduces forgetfulness. In case of Alzheimer’s – it reduces the level of beta-amyloids in the blood, which block oxygen supply to brain tissue.
LYL ASTAXAN contains 100% pure and natural astaxanthin, which is extracted with an ultra-high pressure carbon dioxide extraction method DeepExtract™ without the use of chemical solvents.
The astaxanthin complex is extracted under oxygen free conditions at a moderate temperature, thus guaranteeing the maximum natural efficiency and concentration. LYL ASTAXAN is free of any environmental pollution. Furthermore, the composition of the extract is invariable regardless of changes in nature and the microalgae at the time of extraction.
The antioxidant LYL ASTAXAN is the first Haematococcus pluvialis extract obtained in this manner; it is certified by the European Union. The LYL ASTAXAN astaxanthin complex has been approved for the EU market since 2004, based on Regulation (EC) No. 258/97 concerning novel foods and novel food ingredients. LYL ASTAXAN complies with all criteria established for composition, nutritional value, metabolism, intended use and the level of undesirable substances contained.